Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Video Reflection 2: Ross Lovegrove (Organic Design)

My major take-home message from Ross Lovegrove’s video is how important to get inspiration from nature and how organic design influence to enrich consumer’s emotion and soul. Ross emphasized on nature foams of design. The 3 things considered by Ross are D (design), N (nature) and A (art). As his philosophy, observing environment is starting point of creating his product. It seems to be easy but I have been missed this point so far. The water bottle that he designed represents icon of water itself. If I were he, I would more focusing on function and possibility of manufacturing rather than delivering impression of water. That was the point that I was really impressed. From his presentation I realized how minimal forms reflect maximum beauty.

No comments: